Download event iCal
Date(s) - 13/09/2020 - 14/09/2020
Elbow River Casino
Revenue from Casinos is fundamental to supporting many charities throughout Alberta. Trout Unlimited Canada relies on funding sources such as Casinos to support our education and conservation programs throughout Alberta. We will require 40 volunteers to hold this event successfully, and there are a variety of tasks available. No previous experience is required for any of the volunteer tasks.
Below are descriptions of what each volunteer task will entail. Volunteers aren’t expected to work the entire 10 am to 3 am shift, rather shorter shifts splitting up each position between day and night shifts for each day:
General Manager and Alternate General Manager
- The role of the General Manager is to supervise all aspects of the casino, ensuring the casino is conducted according to CTCOG.
- The General Manager works closely with the Casino Facility Games Manager and alternate General Manager who assume duties in the absence of the General Manager.
The role of the Banker is to supervise the cash cage. This includes documenting all cash cage transactions, ensuring the security of the chips and cash in the cash cage, and holding the cashiers accountable for the chips and cash they manage while on duty. The banker reports to the General Manager and is responsible for Cashiers and Chip Runners.
- The Cashier’s role is similar to a bank teller’s. The Cashier interacts directly with casino players. Any transactions over $200 must be witnessed by the General Manager, Banker or Cash Cage Advisor. The Cashier reports to the Banker and works with the General Manager, Banker, and Financial Control Supervisor, Advisor, and casino players.
The Chip Runner opens, distributes, maintains, and closes an inventory of chips and credits. The Chip Runner reports to the Banker and works with the General Manager, Banker, and gaming table personnel.
Count Room Supervisor
- The Count Room Supervisor is responsible for all count room staff and procedures. The Count Room Supervisor reports to the General Manager and works with the General Manager and Banker. This position is responsible for the Sorter, Counters, and Amalgamator.
Count Room Volunteers
Count Room Volunteers can take on one of four possible jobs:
- Sorter: Sorts all cash or chips by denomination
- Counter: Counts the sorted cash or chips, by denomination
- Recorder: Records the number of bills, coins, and chips counted
- Amalgamator: Verifies the cash or chips counted and groups them into bundles and summarizes the cash and chips with the Count Room Supervisor