Position Title: Database and Membership Coordinator
Preferred Location: Calgary, AB or Guelph, ON
Hours: 40h/week, permanent full-time position
Trout Unlimited Canada (TUC) is the voice for Canada’s water. Founded in 1972 as a registered charity, our mission is “to conserve, protect and restore Canada’s freshwater ecosystems and their coldwater resources for current and future generations”. Our programs have a watershed focus and are implemented directly by staff, local chapters, volunteers, and partners. Our programs and projects focus on the assessment, monitoring, and restoration of freshwater ecosystems, ensuring healthy water quality and quantity, healthy habitats, and healthy aquatic communities.
The primary role of this position is to help build and maintain relationships with members and supporters by maximizing the capabilities of the organization’s CRM database. This will include maintaining data health, the implementation, and execution of TUC’s communication strategy, and the development of processes related to the use of the CRM database including the automation of email communications, and online web form creation. Another key role of this position is being the primary contact person for members and the organization’s chapters, and to respond to inquiries received via telephone and email. The individual in this role will work closely with the fund development and communication leads.
- Manage TUC’s CRM database (Virtuous) to ensure data accuracy, integrity, and security
- Oversee data health procedures (merging duplicate records, address format, etc.)
- Develop, maintain, and implement database policies and procedures to help maximize operational efficiencies
- Assist TUC staff in executing fundraising and marketing strategy
- Work collaboratively with the TUC staff and assist them with ad-hoc and other reports and lists
- Act as the primary contact for membership; respond to inquiries from members in a professional and timely manner
- Set up, update, and revise tax receipts, email templates, and online forms
- Post-secondary degree with a specialization in fundraising, communication, marketing, business, or other relevant areas; a combination of education and experience may be considered
- Experience using a CRM database (preferably Virtuous CRM) will be considered an asset
- Fluent in English
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, aptitude for technology
- Detail-oriented with strong problem solving, organization, and multi-tasking skills
- Self-motivated with excellent team and interpersonal skills
- Dependable, flexible, and resourceful
- Legally eligible to work in Canada
Please submit a cover letter with your application
Deadline for Submission: Posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
To apply, click here.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in Trout Unlimited Canada; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Trout Unlimited Canada is an equal opportunity employer and employs personnel without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical and/or mental ability or financial status